Welcome to the FDOA Recreation Resource Database.
James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital
13000 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33612 Hillsborough County
The goal of the program is for participants to pursue an independent, active and healthy leisure lifestyle in their respective communities and become role models for newly injured service members. Criteria for Participation:
All injured active-duty service members and disabled veterans are encouraged to be involved in some sort of active leisure lifestyle post-injury. To become a participant you should:
* Be enrolled at the James A. Haley Veterans’ Hospital
* Have an interest in adaptive sports, outdoor recreation and/or fitness activities
* Be medically stable and cleared for active participation
* Obtain consult from primary physician for “RMS Rec Adaptive Sports” evaluation
* Complete sports evaluation for full assessment
813-972-2000 (phone) firstname.lastname@example.org www.tampa.va.gov/contact/index.asp
Golf/Miniature, Other, Kayaking / Canoeing, Archery
The Florida Disabled Outdoor Association's listing of recreation services does not constitute an endorsement of any program, service, product, event or destination.
This database is for information and referral purposes only. By using this resource, the user agrees not to hold the FDOA liable for problems that may occur.